Friday, January 16, 2009

Tortilla Soup recipe

My special treat to myself on my birthday and the first time I have ever made tortilla soup. And only my second time using the crock pot.

Here's what you need


3 cups of chicken broth
1 1/2 cups cooked Shredded or thinly sliced Chicken
1 cup frozen corn, I did add a 1/2 cup more to mine
6 Scallions thinly sliced
4-6 plum tomatoes, I used 4 but I'm the only 1 in my that likes tomatoes
3-4 cloves of fresh garlic minced
2 small minced jalapeno Chile
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
Season with salt and pepper


Dump it all in the crock pot

-it's okay if it's frozen, my Corn was everything else was fresh

Cook on low for 8-10 hours or
on high for 6 hours

Optional Toppings
I add lime juice and tortilla chips



Here's what it looked like before cooking




And here's the after, YUMMY!!!!
I didn't get to eat it on my b-day but I did eat it for lunch the next day and HWAG had eaten it and he really liked it (and so did I of course)
The kids however thought it was to spicy, which just meant more for me.

No comments: