Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Goals for 2009

Here are my New Years resolutions (but seeing how I have NO FAITH in New Years Resolutions), we are going to call this my Goals/Checklist for 2009.

  • Lose weight- I'm working on and still want to lose that 38 extra pounds I've been carrying around. My goal was to lose it in 8 months, that goal was set 2 months ago (and seeing as I still weigh 165 I'm not doing all that great (well I didn't gain, that's always a BIG PLUS in my book). I'm sticking to the 8 months goal I'm just set back a little (so I guess I'm starting over), so 8 months from now I will be 38 pounds lighter. I can't wait to get my butt into a size 7-8, 7-6, 6-5 or a beautifully small 5-4. I wonder what lucky number it will be!?!
  • Run a half marathon, maybe (big maybe) even a full before 2010?!? I love to run and I have trained two years in a row to run a half marathon and I chickened out. I don't have a clue why I chicken out I just do. I started running last Tuesday I have about a week worth of more training at two miles just to make my miles faster, I like to run about a 10 min mile and I want to run it without stopping. Then from there I add miles and adjust my time. Wish me luck
  • Find 3 (more) full time kiddos, I want to watch 4 kids all together, I want to be making at least $400 or more a week.
  • I always say I want a Saturday job so I guess I need to decide if I really want one (I think for me it also depends on what kind of job I'm doing and how much I'm making. I really need to decide do I really want to work outside the house?? Do I really want to work Saturdays?? If so I need to find myself a kicking job that keeps me from spending my Saturdays shopping (spending money we just don't have) or at home depressed because I'm not out shopping.
  • Get HWAG on the same work schedule as me, we want him to work an 8:30 to 5:30 shift. We don't care if we don't have the same day's off just that we can all be home, together, every night as a family. For now it's not a really a possibility because it does mean taking a pay cut and ABB would have to go to an after school program everyday and I don't know that we can afford that yet but I'm hoping by the end of this year, like once we get some or most of our debt paid off, it will be. I would love having him home for dinner, homework and bedtime routines. And if he gets on day's with me it will be our first time ever on the same schedule, how wonderful would that be!
  • Get the house (and garage) organized. Sell what can be sold, trash the trash, Goodwill the goodwillable. Organize paperwork, clothes, and everything else. I can't wait to get this place completely organized, I'm already working on it. I'm hoping to be able to go room by room and to do some serious cleaning out about 5-10 hours a week.
  • Pay off all debt (we will do this, this year). Credit cards, school loans and family will be paid off (or back).
  • At the end of this year like I'm thinking maybe around August or September I'm going to apply and take the test to work at the post office I really want to be a mail carrier and I think it would be a really good career move for me, I hear they make good money so until then I'm going to be studying to take the test and hopefully not chicken out ( I really don't want to be turned down when I apply).
  • Buy a second car. Maybe!?! I know I want one and have wanted one for a few years now but how badly do we actually need one?? If we get our debt paid off do I really want the expense of a second car? All questions I really need to consider and think about, this is something that won't happen until the end of the year either. If I land that mail carrier job, we will HAVE to buy a second vehicle
  • I want to find a church that's close to us and that we can call home, I know the kids will love going to church and me and HWAG might even learn a thing or two. Really, I know we need God. WE CAN'T DO IT ON OUR OWN ANYMORE. And I'm done trying.
  • Go to counseling, me him, us, us and the kids, we need it all of it.
  • Get our lives on a schedule, I want to be on a schedule from the time we wake up to the time we go to bed at night. I want to find a good schedule that works perfectly for us and can be easily flexed around doctors appointments, van maintenance and so on. I want to have a schedule for cleaning house/organizing, planning meals, clipping coupons, to paying bills, and for shopping. I want time for things I enjoy and time for things I don't really enjoy but that need to be done. I'm tired of feeling like I have no control over anything everything has been such a mess. I'm ready to clean up our lives!!!
  • Cook a new meal (or dessert) at least once every two weeks for my family,I would love to try at least 1-2 recipes a week but I'm not sure how well that will work out so I think once every two weeks is a good start and if it ends up being more....great!
  • I'm going to remember to enjoy my family everyday, I'm going to spend time with my kids and my husband daily. I feel like I haven't always put them first in my life, sometimes I think they have been on the bottom of my list and that's changing. We are going to be a big, and strong family. Me and HWAG have started thinking of ways we can spend time together, there will be a few things scheduled every week.
  • Blog 2 or more times a week because I really do enjoy it, I would love to do it daily but as of now that's not a possibility but maybe in the up coming months it can be.
  • We need to take better care of the van, it's our baby our only vehicle and it's always a mess and we never have the money to take care of it and it needs to become more of a priority rather then something we keep putting off. I will add maintenance into our budget and make it a priority, I should think about this when considering buying a new car. Right now our van needs about $700 worth of work done plus it's up for the 60,000 maintenance which will cost us around $600, but if we had it budgeted maybe $1,300 worth of work wouldn't need to done on it or $1,300 worth of work wouldn't freak me out so much.
  • Get my oldest two kids in some kind of sport, club or activity that's outside my home and involves other kids. I think they both need to interact with other kids there own age more and they get so bored being at home all the time. I guess this is another thing we need to consider more but I've thought it a good idea for a while, the only thing that's keeping us from doing it is our finances, I'm hoping once our financial situation changes we can figure out what they would like to do and sign them up. We will take it slow, I don't want them to feel like they are to busy once we start going to Church and counseling on a regular bases we will have to see if adding sports is a good move for us
  • Get ready for C2MM, she's in her last year of school, yey. And she turns 18 in December if she decides that she wants to come live with us (which we will offer her) we want it to be a good idea for us and for her. We need to be ready financially, emotionally, and physically (such as having the room ready for her) and so on. I also need to be okay emotionally if she chooses not to stay with us, I want her to know whatever she chooses to do we will love her and help her the best way we know how.

I hope I got them all I know it's a lot but they are all important goals and doable, pray for my family that we can find a good church home and a good consular and that we can remember what's important in life and that we do all that we can to make that better this year, that's what I'm praying for.

Please share some of your 2009 goals with me, I would love to hear them.

No comments: