Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Taco Soup

Here's another new try for me and my family. I made this last week as well just didn't have time to post it.
I got this recipe from G-Ma K at my mommies group.
This soup was a HUGE hit at my house!



1 lb cooked ground hamburger, I used ground Turkey
2 cans of kidney beans
2 cans of pinto beans
2 cans of white corn, I used white but I like yellow corn, so I'm going to try it next time.
1 large can of diced tomatoes (My family doesn't like tomatoes) I used a smaller can
1 can tomatoes and Chile's, like ro-tel
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch dressing mix

After you cook the hamburger, drain the fat and add the meat to the crock pot, then add the taco seasoning and ranch dressing packet.

Add the entire contents of the tomatoes and corn, then drain and rinse the beans and add them

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5.




And you can add your favorite toppings of course, we added cheese.

This is a huge pot of food so for smaller families just cut all the ingredients in half.
I wanted a big pot, I wanted to have the leftovers, after the first day it's not as soupy and you can use it as a side dish. I loved making white rice and adding it to that.

If you try it, let me know how you like it.

No comments: